Archive for Disc-It Events
DISC-IT Round Up Raises $2974.76 in 5 hours for the UNM Children’s Miracle Network Fund!
The 1st Annual Disc-It Round UP was a great success. This annual event is a Disc-It cook off competition where Disc-It owners face off in a truly unique cooking competition with all proceeds benefiting the Children’s Hospital. 18 Chefs competed on their Disc-Its for prizes in categories such as Overall Favorite Disc-It Meal, Most Original Disc-It Meal and Best prepared recipe. With a turn out of over 350 people, everybody was delighted with the awesome culinary skills and tastes and voted for their favorite meal.
- Congratulations to grand prize winners Maurice and Ruth Lopez who won a free fully customized Disc-It grill for receiving 1st overall place. Their Calabacitas took the show!
- Congratulations to our 2nd Prize winner (a newcomer to the Disc-It Family) Kamyar and Katrinna for their Panset dish. Look for the recipe in future issues. They will be receiving a Customized Flat Skillet for 2nd Prize.
- Congratulations to our 3rd place winner – Abe Trotter for his Italian Delight dish. Look for the recipe in future issues. Abe will receive a Disc-It Cover for his accomplishment.
- Albuquerque Tents – Donated Tents, tables and charities
- Matheson Tri-Gas – Donated Propane for the Disc-Its.
- We Personalize It – Printing of Chefs Aprons, Door Prizes and jumpers for the Kids.
- Desert City Graphics – Donated the Art work and the Disc-It for the event.
- Costco – Donated Paper Goods – (Plates, napkins utensils etc)
- Sam’s Club – Donated Paper Goods – (Plates, napkins, utensils, etc)
- All of our Disc-It Chefs who donated their time and food for the event